Tekst: Chris van der Meijde
Foto's: Internet archief

Hi Julie, how are you?

Really good thanks, ive just returned home from filming the “Enfusion” series in Macedonia where I was chosen to be the co-host. i have also just accepted a role of a stunt double for a famous actress in an upcoming Hollywood Blockbuster, all this follows the release of my Global app “jk muaythai” in conjunction with real fit review and breathe unity.
I am happy to say that I have some exciting times ahead both in and out of the ring.

Friday the 2nd of September is the first show of The MuayThai Premier League in Los Angeles with you fighting in this opening show. What is your opinion about The MuayThai Premier League?

The MPL is an amazing opportunity to showcase Muaythai as a sport and not just the fighters. This is a good example of what will project Muaythai into a more prominent media market and hopefully make the sport better for everyone.
It was a huge risk for me to enter, as I am at the end of a very successful fighting career and am currently looking at different ventures, but in my heart I knew I had to be involved.
As a fighter I have never avoided an opportunity to prove myself and this is an epic challenge for me.
Many feel that I have done enough in my career to be named the best ever female fighter under full rules Muaythai ,but I would still like to stamp my authority in the MPL and show the up-coming future of womens Muaythai as well as the fighters of my generation that I am still a fighter of high calibre.
As well as the womens league, the UK also has a fantastic representation for the mens divisions with Michael Dicks, Liam Harrison and Jordan Watson, who all have a great chance of winning their categories.

You’re looking forward to the 2nd of September to fight on this big show in Los Angeles of The MuayThai Premier League?

I am very excited to fight in Los Angeles. The venue looks amazing and America is a fantastic country.
I have worked with Clifton Brown before when he was part of the Risarc promotion team in Jamaica for the “Champion of Champions 2” event so I know I will have a fabulous time and also meet lots of legends within the sport.
With Clifton being a world champion fighter as well as a promoter, he understands how a fighter thinks and needs to be treated which is a huge benefit to any show he promotes.

You made 51 fights and won 13 world titles. What is it that makes MuayThai so special to you?

There is always more to learn in Muaythai, it is always interesting and has a deep, respectful culture backing its roots. I am so honoured to represent the female side of the sport as a World Champion and have met many good people. To be dubbed “Queen of Muaythai” is very special to me as it is not a name I have chosen, but I have been given by my fan base.
I am also so proud to see my twin daughters Amber and Allaya (12 yrs) following in my footsteps and becoming household names in the British junior Thaiboxing league.
Alongside the competitions and World titles, our local gym “Touchgloves” has always been living proof of how Muaythai is a great hobby, even just for improving well being and fitness levels. our club is well known for its friendly, non intimidating atmosphere and has been a huge part of my life.